Benutzerbild von Sven
Sven Sven ist offline
Tech-Admin

Sven ist ein C...
OL Nick: xysvenxy
Style: cncboard
Von Planetcnc.com:
Zitat:
I just got off the phone with Sledgehammer70 (see the post below) as he was heading home from a productive day at E3, and he had some pretty interesting things to say about his experience with the C&C3 trailers and demo. As I thought, EA is indeed using the same "360-degree" surround-video setup they had for BFME2 to show a special surround trailer of C&C3. The trailer builds up the storyline only to end with the cliffhanger image of a space ship creeping up on the Earth...

On a more tangible note, Sledge confirmed that the rendering engine has been significantly upgraded for C&C3 and looks more awesome than any other RTS game he's seen - which makes sense, since C&C3 is the most far-off RTS game we know of. He said it even blew away, in his opinion, the long-awaited Supreme Commander, the sort of "spiritual sequel" to Total Annihilation. From his perspective, C&C3 had a much more tactical and control-oriented focus compared to the chaos of SC, which he described as much more Starcraft-like.

One item of interest is that (some of?) the GDI infantry have little jet packs that allow them to power-jump off of cliffs to get places faster - sounds like a more realistic version of the JumpJet infantry from TS and RA2.

Sledge said C&C3 is definitely going to be a "High EPM" game - for those of you not In The Know, EPM stands for "Explosions Per Minute". Remember my C&C Top Ten video? Looks like someone at EA heard about my #1 choice .

Sledge was expecting the sort of improvement that BFME2 brought to BFME, but he told me C&C3 improves on BFME2's engine far more impressively, with scorching sun haze, tanks that look real, and structures that blew him away.

Oh... and one more thing:

Sledge said he'd see if he could "smuggle" us (with Apoc's permission - and maybe with Apoc's camera, too) a tape of the 360-degree trailer video tomorrow

Raumschiff das sich der Erde nähert?
GDI Infantrie mit 'Jump_Jets'
Wir sind im Augenblick dabei, zu prüfen, ob es im öffentlichen Interesse liegt, ihnen mitzuteilen, ob wir die Informationen haben, die Sie erbitten, und ob es, sollte das der Fall sein, im öffentlichen Interesse liegt, Ihnen diese Informationen zur Verfügung zu stellen.